Smith & Burgess has installed a culture that goes above and beyond to keep all of our employees informed, motivated, and proud to be a member of our team. Besides offering an exceptional pay and benefits package, we offer flexible work schedule programs, yearly educational goals, and several seasonal company-wide social events.
The primary job of the Process Safety Consultant is to systematically identify hazards and weaknesses in a facility Process Safety Management program, specifically within the relief and flare systems design or documentation. If hazards exist, the Consultant will work with all stakeholders to implement changes to design, procedures, and cultures to ensure that issues are resolved.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
• Identifying and quantifying overpressure scenario relief rate requirements and evaluating relief systems capacities.
• Evaluating the adequacy of relief/flare system design and installation.
• Remaining abreast of changes in the industry and regulatory bodies (API, ASME, 29 CFR 1910.119, etc.) and serving as a subject matter expert for our clients.
• Generating and confirming process design bases.
• Auditing PSM programs, identifying deficiencies and possible resolutions.
• Providing expertise to support clients in their understanding and management of the Process Safety Information (PSI) and Management of Change (affecting PSI) elements of Process Safety Management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
• 2+ years of experience in pressure relief analysis and flare system design and documentation.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
GREAT CULTURE and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/accident insurance, short/long term disability, paid vacation and holidays, 401k and alternative work schedule options.
(Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.)
Smith & Burgess does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a current year written agreement in place for permanent placements. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through our website or via email to any Smith & Burgess employee) and without a written agreement otherwise will be deemed to be our sole property, and no fee will be paid should we hire the candidate.
|(Smith & Burgess was honored to be recognized as #18 in
The Houston Business Journal's "2015 Best Places to Work in Houston.")